The application process is now closed.
Genesis Health System, based in Davenport, IA, offers a Post-Graduate Administrative Fellowship Program.
Summary of Fellowship
Genesis Health System is consistently ranked among the nation’s top hospitals and routinely recognized for excellence locally and nationally. The Administrative Fellow works directly with the Genesis Health System President and CEO and other senior executives on a variety of key operational, financial and strategic issues. Fellows participate in the strategic decision making process at the highest level, where Genesis’ CEO, CFO and hospital administrators debate, discuss, and decide organizational strategies and priorities.
As a working member of the Genesis Health System Executive Council and Genesis Medical Center Administrative Council, and a contributing member of the hospital’s Medical Executive and Health Services Councils, the fellow is directly involved in the management of critical issues facing the hospital. The purpose of this fellowship is to train individuals who will be future hospital and system CEOs.
- Month 1-2, Shadow Doug Cropper, Genesis Health System CEO
- Daily learning opportunities
- Month 2-10, project work
- Take on interim leadership role if opportunity arises
- Month 10-12, prepare for role within Genesis Health System
Highlights of Fellowship
- Daily interaction and learning sessions with the CEO of Genesis Health System
- Facilitate and participate in all Board of Directors Meetings, and Board Committee Meetings
- Gain exposure to the highest level of executive strategy
- Contribute to a healthcare organization that is nationally recognized for excellence, and is a leader in health care safety, quality, and population health management
- Gain access to system executives at all levels and attend any executive meeting of interest
- Participate in projects and leadership opportunities in multiple areas and departments
- Opportunity to take on an interim leadership role during the fellowship (if opportunity arises)
- Strong track record of hiring Fellows into key leadership positions
- Jordan Voigt – President – Genesis Medical Center (Fellow 2011-2012), UAB
- David Weiser – President – Genesis Health Group (Fellow 2012-2013), Texas A&M
- Caleb Sandford – Clinic Manager – Family Practice/Convenient Care (Fellow 2013-2014), BYU
- Spencer Hall – Clinic Manager – Occupational Health (Fellow 2014-2015), UAB
- Lars Moen – Interim Director of Clinic Operations – Genesis Health Group (Fellow 2014-2015), GSU
- Jamie Moen – Director of Hospice & Palliative Care (Fellow 2015-2016), University of Iowa
- Vanessa Lee – Business Development Specialist (Fellow 2015-2016), Texas A&M
- Brett Lefevre – Clinic Manager – Genesis Health Group (Fellow 2016-2017), UMN
- Melissa Pelham – Interim Director of Heart and Vascular (Fellow 2016-2017), St. Ambrose University