The application process will open August 8th, 2016 and will close November 1, 2016.
Genesis Health System, based in Davenport, IA, offers a Post-Graduate Administrative Fellowship Program.
Highlights of Fellowship
Learn more about the Administrative Fellowship program at Genesis
Attend an informational webinar with Doug Cropper, President and CEO of Genesis Health System. Check back for upcoming dates.
- Daily interaction and learning sessions with the CEO of Genesis Health System
- Facilitate and participate in all Board of Directors Meetings, and Board Committee Meetings
- Gain exposure to the highest level of executive strategy
- Contribute to a healthcare organization that is nationally recognized for excellence, and is a leader in health care safety, quality, and population health management
- Gain access to system executives at all levels and attend any executive meeting of interest
- Participate in projects and leadership opportunities in multiple areas and departments
- Opportunity to take on an interim leadership role during the fellowship (if opportunity arises)
- Strong track record of hiring Fellows into key leadership positions
- Jordan Voigt – Administrator – Genesis Medical Center (Fellow, 2011-2012’), UAB
- David Weiser – Administrator – Genesis Health Group (Fellow, 2012-2013’), Texas A&M
- Caleb Sandford – Clinic Manager - Family Practice/Convenient Care (Fellow, 2013-2014’), BYU
- Spencer Hall – Clinic Manager – Occupational Health (Fellow, 2014-2015)
- Lars Moen – Interim Director of Clinic Operations –Genesis Health Group (Fellow, 2014-2015)
- Jamie Moen - Director of Hospice & Palliative Care (Fellow, 2015-2016)
- Vanessa Lee - Business Development Specialist (Fellow, 2015-2016)
Summary of Fellowship
Genesis Health System is consistently ranked among the nation’s top hospitals and routinely recognized for excellence locally and nationally. The Administrative Fellow works directly with the Genesis Health System President and CEO and other senior executives on a variety of key operational, financial and strategic issues. Fellows participate in the strategic decision making process at the highest level, where Genesis’ CEO, CFO and hospital administrators debate, discuss and decide organizational strategies and priorities. As a working member of the Genesis Health System Executive Council and Genesis Medical Center Administrative Council, and a contributing member of the hospital’s Medical Executive and Health Services Councils, the fellow is directly involved in the management of critical issues facing the hospital. The purpose of this fellowship is to train individuals who will be future hospital and system CEOs.
- Month 1-2, Shadow Doug Cropper, Genesis Health System CEO
- Daily learning opportunities
- Month 2-10, project work
- Take on interim leadership role if opportunity arises
- Month 10-12, prepare for role within Genesis Health System
DEADLINE OF NOVEMBER 1, 2016
Interested candidates should also send the required application information for the Administrative Fellowship Program including:
- Creative Statement of interest (1 page)
- Most recent official graduate school transcript
- Undergraduate transcript (official or copy)
- Two or three letters of recommendation (1 Academic and 1-2 Professional)
Please address the mailing as follows (in one envelope):
Brett LeFevre - Administrative Fellow
Genesis Health System
1401 W Central Park Ave
Davenport, IA 52804
If there are any questions regarding Genesis and our Fellowship program please do not hesitate to contact Brett at 563-421-6478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be found on the ACHE website at http://www.ache.org/postgrad/