Genesis Health System, based in Davenport, IA, is currently accepting applications for the 2015-2016 Post-Graduate Administrative Fellowship Program.
Highlights of Fellowship
Learn more about the Administrative Fellowship program at Genesis
Listen to a informational webinar today.
- Daily interaction and learning sessions with the CEO of Genesis Health System
- Facilitate and participate in all Board of Directors Meetings, and Board Committee Meetings
- Gain exposure to the highest level of executive strategy
- Contribute to a healthcare organization that is nationally recognized for excellence, and is a leader in health care safety, quality, and population health management
- Gain access to system executives at all levels and attend any executive meeting of interest
- Participate in projects and leadership opportunities in multiple areas and departments
- Opportunity to take on an interim leadership role during the fellowship (if opportunity arises)
- Strong track record of hiring Fellows into key leadership positions
- Jordan Voigt – Administrator – Genesis Medical Center (Fellow, 2011-2012’), UAB
- David Weiser – Administrator – Genesis Health Group (Fellow, 2012-2013’), Texas A&M
- Caleb Sandford – Clinic Manager - Family Practice/Convenient Care (Fellow, 2013-2014’), BYU
Summary of Fellowship
Genesis Health System is consistently ranked among the nation’s top hospitals and routinely recognized for excellence locally and nationally. The Administrative Fellow works directly with the Genesis Health System President and CEO and other senior executives on a variety of key operational, financial and strategic issues. Fellows participate in the strategic decision making process at the highest level, where Genesis’ CEO, CFO and hospital administrators debate, discuss and decide organizational strategies and priorities. As a working member of the Genesis Health System Executive Council and Genesis Medical Center Administrative Council, and a contributing member of the hospital’s Medical Executive and Health Services Councils, the fellow is directly involved in the management of critical issues facing the hospital. The purpose of this fellowship is to train individuals who will be future hospital and system CEOs.
- Month 1-2, Shadow Doug Cropper, Genesis Health System CEO
- Daily learning opportunities
- Month 2-10, project work
- Take on interim leadership role if opportunity arises
- Month 10-12, prepare for role within Genesis Health System
Interested candidates should send the required application information for the Administrative Fellowship Program including:
- Creative Statement of interest (1 page)
- Most recent official graduate school transcript
- Undergraduate transcript (official or copy)
- Two or three letters of recommendation (1 Academic and 1-2 Professional)
Deadline for all materials is September 27, 2014.
Please address the mailing as follows (in one envelope):
Lars Moen - Administrative Fellow
Genesis Health System
1401 W Central Park Ave
Davenport, IA 52804
If there are any questions regarding Genesis and our Fellowship program please do not hesitate to contact Lars at 563-421-6478 or MoenL@genesishealth.com.
Additional information can be found on the ACHE website at http://www.ache.org/postgrad/