Registering as a patient
Items to bring:
- Insurance card
- Doctor's orders
- Information about an emergency contact person including name, address, and telephone numbers
- Personal items such as dentures, eye glasses, robe, non-skid slippers, list of medications you are currently taking with doses and frequency
**Don't bring valuable personal items like credit cards, jewelry, wallet or purse.
Placing phone calls
- No charge for local calls
- Patients must call collect or bill to a third party for long distance calls
- No personal cell phones allowed
Patients of all faiths and their families are welcome to invite their clergy to visit the hospital. GMC, Aledo also has a chapel that is accessible 24 hrs a day.
Mail and flower deliveries
Mail and flower deliveries will be brought directly to your room by hospital staff. Letters and packages arriving after you leave the hospital will promptly be forwarded to your home.
Services for when you leave the hospital
Our Social Services department will help patients and families with concerns or questions about hospitalization and the immediate or long-term changes it may present. They can answer your questions about community resources, advocacy services, home health care, hospice care, nursing homes and rehabilitation facilities.
Genesis Medical Center's commitment to pain management
As a patient, you have the right to pain control, and you are assured of the following:
- Your report of pain will be believed.
- Your pain prevention and treatment is a high priority; we consider it the vital sign, along with temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- Although not all pain can be completely relieved, you will receive the most effective intervention that we can safely provide.
Release of medical information
This form gives Genesis Medical Center, Aledo authorization to release medical information to any person(s) and/or organization the patient designates.