Comprehensive Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation Programs
The Genesis Rehabilitation Unit provides intensive therapy services for individuals with the following debilitating illness or injuries:
Patients with other diagnosis will be considered upon review of medical rehabilitation criteria.
The following criteria for the Rehabilitation Unit at Genesis Medical Center, Davenport must be met at the time of admission consideration:
- Require at least 2 forms of therapy (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology or prosthetics) and one must be Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy
- Ability to participate in 15 hours of therapy over 7 consecutive days beginning day of admission. This generally consists of 3 hours per day at least 5 days per week.
- Patient's condition and functional status demonstrate the patient can be expected to make measurable improvement.
- Requires physician supervision and 24-hour rehab nursing
- Requires an interdisciplinary approach
- A preliminary discharge plan is identified prior to admission
- The patient has accomplished his / her rehabilitation treatment goals
- The patient’s progress has reached a level where services are no longer appropriate. In this case the patient will be transferred to the next level of care.
- The patient’s unstable medical condition prevents their participation in treatment.
- The patient is dissatisfied with the rehabilitation treatment plan and we are not able to resolve differences.
- The patient refuses continued treatment and chooses to leave against medical advice.
- Despite counseling, the patient continues to demonstrate behaviors prohibiting him/her from participating effectively in the program.
- Payment sources (insurance and charity care) have been exhausted and the patient / family /support system choose to be discharged.