Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Services
Helping acute psychiatric patients ages 18-64 to get the help they need
Mental health can be a struggle no matter what the age. For those adults who need more than outpatient care, Genesis is here.
We care for acute psychiatric patients ages 18-64. The current unit is 18 beds with a 10-bed expansion planned for July 2016. Each patient benefits from therapies and programs designed around the individual diagnosis.
Our personalized care plans typically consist of the following:
- A comprehensive evaluation
- Daily assessment and treatment by a psychiatrist
- Medication management
- 24-hour nursing services
- Individual, group and family therapy services
- Therapeutic recreation services
- Discharge planning
- Coordination of follow-up care
- Assistance with accessing community resources
- If necessary, assistance with placement in an alternative living environment
Our professional and experienced staff commonly use the following forms of therapy:
A Breadth of Experience
Needing Help Is OK
There's a lot of power in asking for help. Our team of experienced therapists are here to listen and help you get through it.
Patients receive individualized care from a variety of different and experienced caregivers:
- Social workers
- Psychiatric nurses
- Recreational therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Mental health workers
Artwork is found throughout Adult Inpatient Services.
Exercise room at Adult Inpatient Services.
Patient rooms at Adult Inpatient Services.
Exterior of Genesis Medical Center, West Central Park.