Choose Genesis Medical Center, Silvis for a personalized, family-focused birth experience in a home-like environment.
Advanced Birthing Services
Deliver your baby at the Silvis BirthCenter for an experience tailored as much as possible to your wishes and birth plan. Our highly skilled doctors and nurses are dedicated to keeping you and your baby healthy and comfortable.
At the Silvis BirthCenter, you'll find:
- Mother-baby nurses – Cross-trained nurses who provide care for both you and your newborn
- Whirlpool tubs and showers – For hydrotherapy during labor
- Lactation counselors – Provide breastfeeding education and support
- New-parent education
- Latest fetal-monitoring technology – Facilitates safe, comforting birth for you and your loved ones
- Hearing screening – Test performed after birth by a nurse to assess your baby's hearing
- Social worker – Provides access to community-resource programs and services, if needed
A Focus on Family Involvement
The Silvis BirthCenter was the first in the Quad Cities and the state of Illinois to offer all LDRP rooms, where you labor, deliver your baby, recover and get postpartum care in the same room. This means a smoother transition for you and your family throughout all stages of the birth process.
Advanced, Special Care Nursery
Find comfort in knowing your baby has fast access—in the unlikely event he or she needs it—to a Level II Special Care Nursery, which can care for premature and moderately sick babies.