Respiratory care assists patients of all ages suffering from breathing problems. The department is staffed 24-hours a day by respiratory therapists and technicians, and is overseen by board-certified pulmonologists.
Services at our hospital locations include:
- Pulmonary rehabilitation,which helps patients with chronic lung disease lead a quality life. This service includes an intensive 24 session training and conditioning program, a maintenance program, and smoking cessation clinics.
- Pulmonary diagnostics assists the physician in determining the cause and extent of lung disease and needed treatment.
- Respiratory care provides treatment to relieve symptoms of lung disease, including emergency care and life support measures.
- A Pulmonary Function Laboratory which provides comprehensive services in DeWitt and Aledo. Tests available with a doctor's order include: spirometry, plethysmography, diffusion studies, bronchial provocation studies and arterial gas studies.
- A tobacco cessation program