Accelerated Rehabilitation Therapists
90% of Our Patients Return Home
Average Length of Stay is Two Weeks
Get Back Home sooner. After an illness or hospitalization, we understand it’s important to you to re-gain the strength and skills needed to live as independently as possible. We can help with Accelerated Rehab at Illini Restorative Care (IRC).
Announcing Accelerated Rehab:
- Designed for short-stay skilled nursing and rehabilitation when transitioning from the hospital to home.
- New! An expanded gym allows more room to give you the total rehab experience.
- Offers physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services from a rehab team with years of experience in post-acute rehab settings. With their expertise and clinical background, they can “accelerate” rehab services to get you home sooner.
- High-quality care nursing care and therapy services
- Better outcomes to help you heal faster, with less chance of re-admission to the hospital.
- Synergy Therapy Services’ personalized programs focus on a wide range of injuries, diagnoses and conditions.
A comprehensive team of Genesis therapists works together to help each patient achieve the best recovery.
Physical Therapy: Will help with mobility training, use of assistive devices, negotiating stairs, strengthening exercises, balance and endurance training, and safety awareness education.
Occupational Therapy: Focuses on activities of daily living like dressing, bathing grooming, safety training, home management skills, and upper extremity strengthening tasks. A therapist also can recommend adaptive equipment.
Speech Therapy: Addresses impairments in swallowing, speech, language, voice, and cognition. The speech language pathologist works with physical and occupational therapists to provide a treatment plan for your safety and independence.
Our team will work with you and your family to plan your goals for discharge and makes sure you have the services needed after you go home. During your stay, we provide:
- Nursing: Skilled nursing care is available 24/7 for pain management, medication, wound care, nutrition therapy, intravenous therapy, post-surgical care, and communication with your family and doctor.
- On-site Nurse Practitioner and two Physicians
- Dietary: A nutritionist meets with each patient to obtain food preferences and identify nutritional needs.
- Activities: Our activities staff offers an array of daily activities and beauty/barber shop appointments, if interested.
- Discharge Planning: Our social worker works closely with you and your family to ensure a smooth transition to your home and assists in planning for home medical equipment, home health, transportation, and other services.