Non-Surgical Option -- Optifast®
Optifast® Weight Management Program facilitates weight loss and assists in keeping it off long term without surgery.
This non-surgical program combines comprehensive lifestyle education and medical monitoring with a great-tasting meal replacement diet that doesn't require weighing or measuring. In addition to being medically supervised, you will receive counseling and ongoing personalized support to assist you in being accountable with your structure and discipline.
Three Phase Program
Once an evaluation has been done to ensure you are an appropriate candidate, you will begin progressing through a three-phase program:
- Active Weight Loss
- Transitional Weight Loss
- Long-Term Management
The goal is to lose weight gradually, at an anticipated weight loss of 5-15% baseline weight in 18 weeks and to maintain permanent loss, improving health and reducing weight-related health risks. With instruction, you will be taught how to gradually return to self- prepared food. Patients will remain a part of the Genesis Center for Weight Management and have continued support long after reaching their goal (for life). Consult with your doctor to determine if you would be a good candidate for the Optifast® Weight Management Program
Candidates for Optifast® Weight Management Program
If you are considering the Optifast® Weight Management Program, you are required to meet a number of criteria. In most cases, you must:
- Have a BMI – 27 or greater
- Medical problems that may be corrected or greatly improved with significant weight loss.
- Have the intellectual capacity to understand and comply with the recommended program and lifestyle changes.
- Have a history of failing to lose weight or maintain weight loss on other diet programs.
- Not have any medical conditions that would make the meal replacement prohibitive or inappropriate.
- Demonstrate a willingness to engage in lifestyle and nutritional habits know to support weight loss.
- Have support from family, spouse, or close friends.
- The Optifast® meal replacement is not recommended for those with uncontrolled mental disorders, those patients known to abuse alcohol or drugs, or those with an eating disorder such as bulimia.
For more information about Optifast, click here.