Research, Evidence-Based Practice
Genesis has a Nursing Research Committee that includes membership of staff nurses, management, and academia. The committee functions to improve patient care and achieve optimal patient outcomes.
The committee acts to:
- Establish scientific findings in the implementation of professional nursing standards.
- Promote staff nurse participation in the research utilization process.
- Provide consultation and support for area-based clinical trials and research utilization projects.
- Provide educational resources for nursing regarding the research utilization process and research critiquing.
- Promote and facilitate participation in poster presentations and publication.
- Provide opportunities for student and faculty participation in research utilization.
- Identify topics for the conduct of nursing research.
- Reveiw potential nursing research projects by nursing staff and nursing students prior to IRB review.