Nursing Vision & Beliefs
Compassion and evidence-based practice serves as the foundation of nursing care at Genesis. Care is seamless and consistent throughout the health system, resulting in excellent clinical outcomes and high patient and staff satisfaction.
- Professional nursing is both an art and science-base discipline processing a unique body of knowledge.
- The practice of nursing requires commitment to achieving excellence in patient care through competent performance utilizing critical thinking skills and continual professional development.
- That nurses have the right, authority and legislated responsibility to make independent patient care decisions within their scope of clinical practice and, whenever appropriate, these decisions should be made at the point of care.
- That patients have the right and responsibility to participate in their care. Care decisions must be made in collaboration with the patient, family and other health care providers and coordinated effectively to insure optimal integration of services.
- Communication is vital to any relationship. Mutual respect between the caregiver and patient is essential to the relationship. Social and cultural differences between he caregiver and patient must be recognize and respected
- All individuals have the right to be treated with kindness, respect, understanding and compassion.
- Patients receive the best care when all disciplines demonstrate the standards of behavior.
- Nurses have a responsibility to effectively and efficiently seek and utilize resources to achieve positive clinical outcomes.
- It is critical that nursing provide the same standard of care at all Genesis entities in order for us to provide a safe, consistent delivery of care.
- That the use of technology is an efficient methods for standardized collection of pertinent patient care data in order to assist in a seamless transfer of patients throughout the health system.
- In the concept of lifelong learning and as a result encourage and support continuing education for all individuals.