The Genesis Regional Rehabilitation Program, located at Genesis Medical Center, West Central Park, serves persons of all ages experiencing a physical disability and/or cognitive impairment. The 39-bed comprehensive inpatient program is accredited by CARF The Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission and is a Comprehensive Integrated Rehabilitation Program - Hospital. An inter-disciplinary team of specially trained rehabilitation professionals works together to provide a multitude of services, individually designed for each patient's unique needs. The goal of our rehabilitation program is to restore maximal functioning in the areas of eating, bathing, dressing, mobility, communication, cognition, recreation and community reintegration.
- Number of beds: 39 beds, all in private rooms
- Nursing care is provided on a 24-hour basis 7 days a week.
- Type of patients: Stroke, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Neurological, Replacement of Lower Extremity Joint, Major Multi-Trauma, Orthopedic, Cardiac, Amputation, Fractured Femur, Pulmonary
- Clinical nursing make-up: Manager, charge nurses, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants, nursing assistants, unit assistants and unit secretaries
- Shift availability: 8 hour shifts
- Care Delivery Model: Primary nursing within an interdisciplinary model.
- Specialty Practice Standards:
- CARF (The Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission). Including: Brain Injury Program for adult, child and adolescent and Spinal Cord System for adults.
- Standards and Scope of Rehabilitation Nursing by the Association of Rehabilitation Nurses guides the Rehabilitation nursing practice
- American Academy of Pediatrics standards guides the care of the pediatric Rehabilitation patient.