GAIN - Genesis Adventures In Nursing
This week long summer day camp will provide an opportunity for students 12 years and older to grow an interest in the nursing profession. The camp is designed to provide an exciting week-long adventure, where participants will have first-hand encounters in various nursing opportunities and get to experience what it may be like to be a Genesis nurse.
Download the GAIN camp brochure here.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program will assist newly licensed nurses through the transition from student to professional nurse. The program will give the newly licensed nurse extra guidance, education, and socialization while enhancing critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills. The Nurse Residency Program will also help newly licensed nurses to identify and apply concepts of evidence-based practice.
The Nurse Residency Program consists of:
- Participants attend as cohorts beginning after completion of the their initial orientation to department of hire
- New cohorts begin four times a year
- Four hour sessions meet every other month for a total of six sessions spanning a 12 month period
- Each session will include time for the participants to share clinical experiences and debrief on stresses or other concerns they are experiencing
- Participants will present one case study from their practice experiences and lead discussion on a journal article of their choice
- Participants will discuss their department’s evidence-based improvement projects
- The Masters prepared nurses will facilitate the residency program sessions