This program is designed for providers wanting to teach Basic Life Support and Heartsaver courses using the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines.
Intended Audience: Students wanting to teach CPR, AED, and First Aid to others.
- Review the new 2015 American Heart Association guidelines.
- Demonstrate skills in the resuscitation of an adult victim of a respiratory and cardiac arrest in one rescuer and two rescuer situations.
- Demonstrate skills in the resuscitation of a respiratory and cardiac arrest in an infant and child.
- Demonstrate skills in the treatment of both a conscious and unconscious victim with an obstructed airway (adult, child and infant rescuers).
- Discuss the required knowledge, syllabus, skills, attitude and responsibilities of an instructor to facilitate adult learning.
- Discuss AHA course record requirements & Training Center affiliation.
- Discuss infection control practice.
- Demonstrate ills needed to assist in administration of EPI-pen, applying bandages for hemorrhage control, and doffing and donning PPE (gloves).