This program is designed for health care providers needing to renew their Basic Cardiac Life Support Instructor status using the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines.
Intended Audience: Currently trained as a BCLS Instructor by AHA.
- Review the new 2010 American Heart Association guidelines.
- Demonstrate skills in the resuscitation of an adult victim of a respiratory and cardiac arrest in one rescuer and two rescuer situations.
- Demonstrate skills in the resuscitation of a respiratory and cardiac arrest in an infant and child.
- Demonstrate skills in the treatment of both a conscious and unconscious victim with an obstructed airway (adult, child and infant rescuers).
- Discuss the required knowledge, syllabus, skills, attitude and responsibilities of an instructor to facilitate adult learning.
- Discuss AHA course record requirements & Training Center affiliation.
- Discuss infection control practice.