This comprehensive 4 week series of classes will cover all aspects of labor and birth. The class will meet once a week for three hours beginning on the date listed. Class size averages 10-12 mothers and their support person.
Plan on finishing the Childbirth Preparation series between your 36th-38th week of pregnancy.
Childbirth preparation classes prepare you and your birth partner for the birthing experience. Topics discussed during the classes include:
- How your body works and how you work with your body
- Physical and emotional changes during labor and birth
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Comfort management including medications
- Unexpected events, cesarean section
- Questions to ask your care provider
- BirthCenter tour included
It is important to attend all dates listed for this series of classes and the cost does include your birth partner. This class includes a tour of the Birth Center.
If for some reason you are unable to attend, reimbursement will be given only if notification occurs 48 hours prior to the beginning of class by calling 563-421-7794.
Please Note: this series of the class will only run 3 weeks as opposed to 4.