Ryan J. Taylor, DO
Accepting new patients.
Serving patients brings me joy. Helping in any way that I can lets me know that I am making a difference in the life of that individual, and that is extremely gratifying. Additionally, as a physician, I am an educator to my patients, and I love to teach!
"The needs of the patient come first". This creed was the center of my education at the Mayo Clinic and will continue to be my main focus at Genesis. It is easy to get side tracked on many issues, but if one focuses on this one goal, the issues are simplified.
I chose the medical field because I love helping people. It is the greatest joy. Additionally, the constant pursuit of knowledge is stimulating and drives me to be better each day.
- Year began practicing:
- Year joined staff:
- Year began practicing in specialty:
- Physical Medicine & Rehab
Areas Of Interest
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is a very broad and diverse medical specialty. My clinical interests include:
- Musculoskeletal/Sports Medicine
- Ultrasound-guided interventions
- Regenerative medicine
- Electrodiagnostics (EMG/NCS)
- Spasticity management
- Traumatic Brain Injury/Concussion
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
I was born and raised in Moline, and I am very excited to return home to join Genesis. We have missed the QCA. My number one hobby is spending time with my amazing wife and two children. When I have free time, I enjoy golf, other outdoor activities, road trips, church volunteering, mentorship, and yard work.
Education & Training
- St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Medical School
- Mayo Clinic, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis
Awards & Certifications
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Chief Resident at Mayo Clinic Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2016-2017
- Sigma Sigma Phi: Member of the National Osteopathic Medical Student Honor Society
Board eligible for the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy for Physician Leadership