Michael Joseph Gimbel III, MD, FACC
Call for an Appointment
- Year joined staff:
- Cardiology (Heart)
- Interventional & Peripheral Cardiology
Dr. Gimbel, a Bettendorf native, graduated from Assumption High School and received his undergraduate degree from Saint Louis University, majoring in Chemistry with a minor in Mathematics. He graduated Summa Cum Laude and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa National honors Society.
He is licensed in both Iowa and Illinois and is available for outpatient consultation and follow-up visits at the Davenport East Rusholme and Muscatine locations.
Dr. Gimbel is a member of the Genesis Heart Institute and his office is located within the Heart Institute at 1236 E. Rusholme Street, Davenport, Iowa. He may be reached at 563-324-2992.
Education & Training
- University of Iowa, Medical Education
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Internal Medicine
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Cardiovascular Medicine
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Interventional Cardiology
Awards & Certifications
He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
Teaching or Professional Positions
During his third year of fellowship at the University of Iowa, he served as Chief Cardiology Fellow and was a finalist for the Resident Most Outstanding Fellow Award.