Eva G. Proctor, MD
Accepting new patients.
A referral is required.
Call for an Appointment
Dr. Eva Proctor joined Genesis Cardiac Surgeons in September 2016, relocating to the Midwest from Memphis, Tenn., where she was the only female cardiovascular surgeon. Her practice in Memphis included heart transplants and implantation of left ventricular and biventricular assist devices for the heart. She also became a surgical leader for transcatheter aortic valve replacement. In addition, her experience and skills include off-pump coronary artery bypass graft, mitral valve repair and routine thoracic and cardiac procedures.
Office Hours: 8:30 am to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Year joined staff:
- Cardiology (Heart)
- Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiovascular/Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Areas Of Interest
- off-pump coronary artery bypass graft
- mitral valve repair
- transcatheter aortic valve replacement
- donor and recipient implants
- left ventricular assist device implants
- routine thoracic and cardiac procedures
When not at work, her interests include traveling (her goal is to visit one new country a year), cycling, hiking and keeping up with her dogs, a Bullmastiff and an Akita.
Education & Training
- Carson Newman College, Jefferson City, TN, BS in Biology and Philosophy
- University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, MS in Biology
- University of Tennessee, College of Medicine
- University of Maryland, College of Medicine
- University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ, General Surgery Residency
- University of Tennessee, College of Medicine, Thoracic Surgery Residency
Awards & Certifications
Board Certified in Thoracic Surgery