Genesis Medical Center, Aledo
As the only health center in the county, Genesis Medical Center, Aledo plays a vital role in providing local health care to a diverse population. It is our mission to provide quality, compassionate care to the community. We are fortunate to be a part of Genesis Health System, which assists us to perform at the highest levels of quality and safety.
Services at Aledo
Our employees take great pride in their work and treat every patient as our family and friends.
Greeting you with warm and caring smiles, the Admitting staff is responsible for helping patients and visitors with registration, payments, answering phone calls and so much more.
- Admitting personnel are available Monday through Saturday from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Patients check in at the Admitting desk for tests, surgical procedures, ER and all inpatient admissions. Patients are to present their insurance card at the time of check in.
- Staff can answer billing questions and accept hospital and clinic payments of check, cash, and credit card seven days a week.
There are no set visiting hours at Genesis Medical Center, Aledo.
Our cafeteria hours are 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday-Friday. There is no evening meal, nor any servings on the weekends.
Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary operates the Gift Shop in the hospital. Through volunteer help, the Gift Shop is staffed Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. All proceeds from the Gift Shop revenues go toward the purchases of equipment for the hospital.
For more information about the gift shop please call 309-582-9255.
Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary is a volunteer based organization with the mission to serve the hospital and its patients.
About the Auxiliary
Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary was established in 1956. The purpose was to render service to the county hospital and its patients through ways approved by the Board of the hospital.
The Auxiliary members hold various fundraising events, sponsor scholarships and staff the Gift Shop at the hospital. Currently, there are over 90 Auxiliary members.
Auxiliary Volunteer Services and Events
- Staff and Manage Gift Shop
- Bake Sales
- Book Fairs
- Uniform Sales
- Annual Holiday Bazaar
Become a Member
- Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary is open to anyone who wishes to join. Memberships are $10 per year.
- Please contact the Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Gift Shop at 309-582-9255 for more information.
- Please click on the following link to download or application. GMC, Aledo Membership Application
The Auxiliary sponsors four $500 scholarships annually toward studies in the medical field. Scholarship applications are due on May 1.
Please contact Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary Gift Shop for more information (309) 582-9255.
Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Auxiliary Scholarship Application
Purchases made by Aledo Auxiliary include:
- Lifeline System Updated - $21,693.06
- Vending Machine for Cafeteria
- Food Processor for Nutrition Services
- Treatment Table for Physical Therapy
- Low Beds for Patients
- Bathtub for Extended Care Residents - $14,000
- Blanket Warmer for Emergency Room - $5,000
- Monitor for Emergency Room - $4,700
- Music Keyboard for Extended Care - $500
- Suture Removal Scissors for Emergency Room
- Patient Call Light System - $20,000
- Pulse Oximeter for Cardiopulmonary Dept.
- Fluo Therapy Machine for Physical Therapy
- Thermometers for all departments
- Urinalysis Analyzer for Laboratory
- Pneumatic Tourniquet for Surgery
- High-Low Treatment Table for Physical Therapy
- Eight Quart Mixer for Nutrition Services
- Salad Bar and Food Slicer for Nutrition Services
- Contrast Warmer for Radiology Dept.
- Mammography Tracking Software for Radiology
- Blood Draw Station - $1,000
- Infant Blood Draw Chair - $450
- Meal Delivery Cart - $1,500
- Temporal Scanner Thermometer - $324
- Biofeedback Unit - $600
- Top Loading X-ray Cassette and Film Cart - $613
- Optiray Contrast Warmer - $419
Genesis Medical Center, Aledo is proud to offer many services to patients, their families, and to residents in Mercer County and surrounding areas.
Care Transition provides information and referral for various hospital services:
- Discharge planning for patients
- Genesis VNA Services
- Nursing home or assisted living placement
- Mobile Meals
- Lifeline program
- Screening for skilled care admissions
To contact Care Transition, call 309-582-9287.
Genesis Medical Center-Aledo is a 22-bed, critical access hospital located in Aledo, Ill., and has served the health care needs of Mercer County residents since 1950. Over the years, the hospital has added services to accommodate the evolving health care needs of the community. Read more.