Genesis Heart Institute
Take good care of your heart and blood vessels by visiting the award-winning Genesis Heart Institute. You’ll benefit from a team of top cardiologists, surgeons, vascular specialists and other medical professionals who combine their knowledge and expertise to provide well-rounded treatment. As a regional referral center, we take some of the toughest cardiovascular cases in eastern Iowa and western Illinois. No matter your medical needs, we’ll help you maximize your heart health and quality of life.
The Best in Heart Imaging
Genesis has been recognized as providing thorough, comprehensive heart imaging for our patients.
Learn More About Echos
Comprehensive Heart Care Unmatched in the Region
Trust us to help you achieve a good outcome from cardiovascular care because:
- Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, was named one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals for 2015 by Truven Health Analytics. This distinction recognizes our low rates of complications, hospital readmissions and patient mortality, shorter-than-average lengths of hospital stay, and lower-than-average financial costs.
- Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, is a Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care®, which means we provide the full range of heart services while minimizing complications, hospital readmissions and financial costs.
- Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, has one of the lowest heart attack 30-day readmission rates in the country, according to data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- The Heart Institute is a repeat winner of the Women’s Choice Award in both 2014 and 2015 based on patient satisfaction and clinical quality.
- Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, has earned accreditation in Adult Transthoracic Echocardiography from the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. This "seal of approval" means that our patients who undergo this important diagnostic procedure can count on quality care that meets nationally-recognized standards.
Top-Quality Cardiac Surgery
There’s no better place in the Quad Cities to get heart surgery than the Heart Institute, home to expert surgeons such as Dale Geiss, M.D. This nationally renowned physician has performed more than 12,000 cardiac procedures—including the most challenging, complex operations—on children and adults. He's joined by Eva Proctor, M.D., who has worked with several of the top heart surgeons in the country. Their expertise and experience allow Genesis to offer advanced treatments, like Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, to patients in the Midwest.
Complete Heart & Vascular Services
The Heart Institute gives you access to comprehensive cardiovascular services, including:
Sophisticated screenings and diagnostics – Reveal the health of your heart and circulatory system
TAVR is Here.
New TAVR minimally-invasive aortic valve replacement available at Genesis.
- Innovative treatments – Promote the full flow of life-sustaining blood and oxygen throughout your body, sometimes by using advanced methods available nowhere else in the Quad Cities
- Healthy living services – Help prevent heart attack and stroke
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation – Strengthens you during a program certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR), which works to ensure patients’ safety and success
- Support and wellness – Improves quality of life as you manage heart disease and heart failure
- Pediatric cardiology – Specializes in lipid disorders, echocardiography and fetal heart care
- Clinical trials – Test promising new therapies
Cardiovascular Conditions We Treat
At the Heart Institute, you’ll get some of the best help available for a broad range of heart and blood vessel conditions, including:
Learn about many other cardiovascular disorders in our health encyclopedia.