A.S.S.E.T. Auxiliary Seeding Student Education and Training Scholarship for Children of Genesis Employees
This $1000 scholarship is for tuition or fees incurred in the pursuit of two or four year undergraduate degree in healthcare, wellness, science, technology, engineering, math or related fields.
Eligibility and Terms
- Must be a Child, Grandchild or Legal Dependent of a Qualified Genesis Employee:
- Qualified Genesis Employee Employee of Genesis Health System
- Employment status of .5 or greater
- Minimum of one year of service
- In good standing (not in corrective action)
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or graduating senior from high school in the Genesis seventeen-county service area. Service area counties include Cedar, Clinton, Des Moines, Henry, Jackson, Lee, Louisa,Muscatine and Scott Counties, Iowa and Carroll, Henderson, Henry, Knox, Mercer, Rock Island,Warren and Whiteside Counties, Illinois.
- If not currently in high school must be enrolled full-time (minimum 12 credit hours or equivalent status) as an undergraduate in a two or four year accredited Iowa, Illinois or surrounding state college or university.
- Must have a 3.0 or greater cumulative high school GPA (based on a 4.0 scale; equivalent GPA on an alternative grading scale is acceptable) and if already in college, must also have GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Must provide proof of acceptance into a health or wellness, or science, technology, engineering or math(STEM) two-year or four-year program at an accredited educational institution in Iowa, Illinois or surrounding state college of university.
Terms and Conditions
To be considered for this Genesis Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the above eligibility requirements, submit the online application and all required elements electronically. If requested by Genesis, the applicant must be willing to participate in an interview with the Genesis Scholarship Selection Committee.
$1000 Scholarships will be awarded to four or more candidates and will be distributed directly to the educational institution the recipient is attending. Recipients who do not meet or maintain eligibility status prior to disbursement of funds will forfeit all awards. Scholarships will be awarded for one school year only and are non-renewable. Funds are paid directly to the educational institution.
Applications and all required documents are due on April 1.
Announcement of scholarship winners will be made during Genesis Mission Month in May.
The scholarship selection committee will consist of a representative of the Genesis Health Services Foundation, a Representative of the GMC-Davenport Auxiliary and three Genesis Health System Employees.
Selection of Genesis Scholarship recipients will not be based upon financial need, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, military discharge, handicap or age. No question or eligibility requirement is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination