Genesis Health Services Foundation Nursing Scholarship
This unique program provides forgivable loans of up to $10,000 to students seeking admission to, or have been accepted into, an undergraduate baccalaureate nursing program. It also provides for repayment to be waived once the recipient has completed a period of employment with Genesis Medical Center Davenport and Genesis Medical Center Silvis.
Up to ten thousand dollars ($10,000) will be awarded as a one-time forgivable loan.
- Current College student in good academic standing, attending an accredited Iowa or Illinois college or university, who will have completed his/her freshman or sophomore year of college by June 19, 2017 and is seeking admission to, or has been accepted into, an undergraduate baccalaureate program in nursing.
Note: Individuals entering an associate’s degree program (e.g. community college), or BSN completion program are not eligible to apply. If you are entering a RN program, please see the Gaye J. Reiser RN Nursing Scholarship.
- Permanent residence must be within the Genesis Health System, bi-state service area:Clinton, Des Moines, Jackson, Louisa, Muscatine, or Scott Counties in Iowa or Henry, Mercer, Rock Island, or Whiteside Counties in Illinois.
- Minimum high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 and/or college cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Terms of Scholarship:
- This award is a forgivable loan. Scholarship recipients will be required to sign a Forgivable Loan Agreement and a Promissory Note.
- Recipients must remain a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours or equivalent status) in good academic standing until BSN is earned. Recipients who fall below full-time status for no longer than one semester shall not be deemed to violate this requirement.
- Fifty percent (50%) of the loan will be forgiven if the nurse works for Genesis Health System for one year. One hundred percent (100%) of the loan will be forgiven if employed full-time for two years.
- Recipients are expected to begin employment at Genesis within three months following graduation. However, granting of this award shall not be construed as an offer of employment.
- If, for any reason, the student fails at any time to meet any of the requirements of the Forgivable Loan, the Loan must be repaid under the terms of the Promissory Note.
- Application must be made on line by deadline of March 31.
- Application is to be completed online.
- Supporting documents must be uploaded with your application in order to submit your completed packet. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application packet is complete.
- Upon completion of document submission and committee review, select applicants will receive a personal interview with the selection committee.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in May.
- Scholarship will not be awarded on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, unfavorable military discharge, handicap or age. No question on the application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
- All other things being equal, other sources of funding will be taken into consideration.
If you have questions about the scholarship or application process, call the Genesis Health Services Foundation via email Foundation@genesishealth.com