Cardiac Service Line Certification Scholarship
For nurses, radiology techs, exercise specialists or ECHO techs employed by GMC, Davenport and GMC, Silvis in a cardiac service line department.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Employed by Genesis Medical Center, Davenport
- Meets one of the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse holding an active license in their state of employment
- Registered Radiology Technologist holding an active license in their state of employment
- ACSM Certified Exercise Specialist or have an exercise physiology degree
- Employee of the following departments: Cardiac Interventional Unit (CIU), Cardiac Step-down Unit (CSU), Cardiac Outpatient Unit (COP), Cardiac Rehabilitation, Cardiac Diagnostics, Cardiac Catheterization Lab, Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR), Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
- Demonstrate professional demeanor by living the Genesis mission and values with no corrective action
- Maintain at least a minimum of one year of service at Genesis Medical Center, Davenport
Terms of Scholarship
- Scholarship recipient pays the registration fee required by the certifying organization directly to the organization.
- Scholarship recipient takes the certifying examination by December 31
- Scholarship recipient submits the following to Foundation@genesishealth.com within 6 weeks of completing certification exam:
- A copy of the certification and/or a copy of notification from the certifying organization that the examination was passed.
- Proof of payment of the registration fee including receipts and verification of payment of the registration fee from the certifying organization.
- The Foundation reimburses the scholarship recipient the full registration of initial certification and 50% of recertifications.
- This scholarship does not cover the cost of study materials, refresher courses or membership dues.
- Consideration will be given to the applicant’s participation in Genesis activities, promotion of professionalism, length of service, and satisfactory work record. Priority consideration will be given to staff involved in providing direct patient care.
- Decision will not be made on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, unfavorable military discharge, handicap or age. No question on the application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
- Selection committee will be comprised of the Executive Director of Cardiac Service Line; Manager, Cardiac Cath Lab; Manager, Cardiac Diagnostics and Cardiac Rehabilitation; Manager, Cardiovascular Interventional Unit; and Manager, Cardiovascular Step-Down Unit or designees.
- Application deadline is December 1st.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in January.
- If you have questions regarding the scholarship or application process, email Foundation@genesishealth.com