Marilyn Willits MSN,RN, Nursing Certification Scholarship
Her caring disposition kept the patient's voice at the forefront of the decision-making process and her deep compassion for the nurses exemplified her advocacy. She never hesitated to intervene on their behalf. In her constant pursuit of excellence, Marilyn was the "force" behind interventions that lead to "best practice" outcome. Learn more about Marilyn.
- Employed by Genesis Health System
- Registered Nurse holding an active license in their state/s of employment
- Demonstrates professional demeanor and exemplifies the Standards of Behavior
- Absent of active Corrective Action
- Minimum one year of service at Genesis
* CHANGES for 2017 *
Beginning in January 2017, we will award up to $800 monthly to Genesis Employees who are seeing certification or recertification applicable to their position with Genesis.
Award winners, must pay for and complete/pass their certification or recertification within 90-days of award notification. They will then be reimbursed 100% for initial certifications up to $300 and 50% for recertifications up to $200.
Employees may only receive one award during the calendar year. However, they may reapply if not selected one month.
Visit www.Genesishealth.com/scholarships to apply beginning January 1st, 2017.
Apply anytime during a month.
You will be notified of the status of your application by the 15th of the following month. For example, if you apply in January, you will be notified whether or not you will receive a grant no later than February 15th.
- You will have 90-days from the date of your award notification to pay for, complete and pass your certification/recertification exam.
- Following the successful completion of your exam, submit proof of payment and proof that you passed your certification/recertification to Foundation@genesishealth.com
- You will receive a check within 21 business days to reimburse you at the appropriate level.
Terms of Award
- Award recipient will pay the registration fee required by the certifying organization directly to that organization.
- Award recipient will take the certifying examination within 90 days of receiving the award notification.
- Award recipient will submit proof of successfully completing the certification examination to the Foundation. Proof will consist of a copy of the Certification itself and/or a copy of notification from the certifying organization that the examination was passed. Proof must be submitted to the Foundation office at Foundation@gensishealth.com within 30 days of completing the exam.
- Scholarship recipient will submit proof of payment of the registration fee including receipts and verification of payment of the registration fee from the certifying organization. Proof must be submitted to the Foundation office at Foundation@geneishealth.com within 30 days of completing the exam.
- The Foundation will reimburse the award recipient 100% for initial certifications up to $300 and 50% for recertifications up to $200.
- This scholarship does not cover the cost of study materials, refresher courses or membership dues
- Consideration will be given to the applicant’s participation in Genesis activities, promotion of professionalism, length of service and a satisfactory work record.
- Decision will not be made on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, unfavorable military discharge, handicap or age. No question on the application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
If you have questions please contact the Genesis Foundation office at Foundation@genesishealth.com