Nursing Scholarship Degree Completion
Up to $4,000 will be awarded to Genesis nurses for BSN completion or MSN completion. Nurse practitioner programs do not qualify for this scholarship. This scholarship is for Genesis Health System employees only.
- Applicant must be a licensed registered nurse, and in good standing to practice nursing in the state of Iowa or in the state of Illinois.
- Applicant must be employed by Genesis Health System.
- Applicant must demonstrate professional demeanor and exemplify the Standards of Behavior.
- Applicant must be accepted in a BSN degree completion program or a MSN program at an accredited college or university. Nurse practitioner programs do not qualify.
- Applicant must maintain a .4 status while accessing scholarship funds.
Terms of Scholarship
- Scholarship proceeds must be used within two years of award. Any funds not used during this period will be released for use in awards to others.
- Scholarship funds will be released to the educational institution, not to the scholarship recipient, for payment of tuition and fees.
- Award winner must submit tuition invoice to Foundation@genesishealth.com in order to have funds released to their educational institution.
- Priority consideration will be given to nurses involved in direct bedside care-giving.
- Consideration will be given to the applicant’s participation in Genesis activities, promotion of professionalism, length of service, a satisfactory work record and quality of application essay.
- Decision will not be made on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, unfavorable military discharge, handicap or age. No question on the application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
- Application Deadline is March 31
- Application must be completed and submitted online.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in May.
If you have questions about the scholarship or application process, contact the Genesis Foundation via email at Foundation@genesishealth.com