Genesis Cancer Care Institute Electronic Brachytherapy
Electronic Brachytherapy (eBxTM) is a type of radiotherapy that uses a miniaturized high dose rate X-ray source to apply radiation to the cancerous site. The goal of this is to direct the radiation dose to the size and shape of the cancerous area, sparing healthy tissue and organs.
Advantages of Electronic Brachytherapy include:
- Delivers therapeutic dose directly to the cancerous site.
- No radioisotope regulatory, handling and safety issues.
- Lower shielding requirements brings brachytherapy treatment "out of the bunker."
- Unlike radioactive isotopes, less radiation is delivered to surrounding healthy tissue and organs.
- This unique design allows for multiple applications.
Brachytherapy has been proven to be a highly successful treatment for cancers of the breast, skin and endometrium.
Services will be offered by:
Dr. Rajput, MD
1351 East Kimberly Road - Suite 200
Bettendorf, IA 52722