First Med Pharmacy
First Med Pharmacy offers patients a continuation of services when leaving a Genesis facility. With two locations, First Med Pharmacy offers patients a wide array of services. Open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., First Med Pharmacy is located in the Genesis East Campus basement at 1227 E. Rusholme Street in Davenport and also at the Northgate Shopping Center at 1803 E. Kimberly Road in Davenport.
Customers have a number of options for filling and refilling their prescriptions. Customers can phone their prescription refill requests in via voicemail, leaving a message about their refill on the phone system both during and after hours. They can drop off their empty bottles for refill, or have their doctor call or fax prescriptions to the pharmacy. The phone numbers for the East Campus locations are 421-6366 to leave a message or reach a registered pharmacist, 421-6368 to speak to someone in billing, and 421-6379 to fax a prescription. The phone numbers for the Northgate Shopping Center Location are 421-3308 and the fax number is 421-3307. After hours, the on-call number is 421-3300. This number is for IV, Hospice, and LTC contracts.
- First Med Pharmacy also offers a wide array of at-home services for patients leaving a Genesis facility.
- Home IV Infusion services allow the patient to continue or start new IV therapy from the comfort of their home. The pharmacy prepares the IV infusion medication and provides the IV pump, IV supplies and the IV nurse who will assist with the home IV administration.
- Enteral feedings and supplies can be delivered to a patient's home.
- Consultant pharmacists provide expertise on the cost effective use of medications to area nursing homes. These pharmacists are knowledgeable about pain management for Hospice patients in both nursing facilities and in their own homes.
- Patients can have their respiratory medications delivered, hassle-free, to their home and billed to Medicare or other secondary insurance carriers.
- A wide selection of vaccines is available to doctors and patients for travel as well as other routine and hard to find immunizations.
Our billing staff will ensure that the patient's insurance carrier is billed for their medications and supplies. The pharmacy is a provider to Medicare, Medicaid, and most other third party insurance carriers. This helps to reduce the patient's out-of-pocket expenses. Free, convenient, same-day delivery of prescriptions is provided Monday through Friday to Quad City area customers.