Welcome to the Genesis Medical Center Occupational Therapy Department. We offer both inpatient and outpatient services to meet all of your needs. From eight locations throughout the Quad City area to serve your outpatient needs to a comprehensive goal-oriented inpatient program, our Occupational Therapy Department is here to help you get back to your maximum functions.
Welcome to Genesis Medical Center inpatient Occupational Therapy Department. We are a patient goal oriented department that focuses on self-cares, functional mobility, home management, energy conservation, perception, cognition and psychosocial functioning to maximize functional independence. In the hospital setting, this is often following injury, illness or surgery.
Special programs offered include:
- Expertise in the areas of stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neuromuscular, orthopedic and cardiopulmonary conditions
- Environmental control units
- Driving evaluations, clinical and behind the wheel
- Driver's training with adaptive equipment
- Bioness, electrical stimulation for upper extremity management
- Home evaluations and modifications
- Shoulder management
- Myofascial release
- Behavioral health: cognitive behavioral treatment
- Adaptive equipment for feeding, self-cares, etc.
- Visual perceptual evaluation and treatment
- Low vision
- Energy conservation/relaxation
- Community education: CarFit, Backpack awareness, etc
Our goal as Genesis Medical Center, Davenport Occupational Therapy is to provide our patients with the most innovative treatment options to maximize return of functional independence for self-cares, work or leisure as means of improving their quality of life.
Genesis Medical Center, West Campus
1401 West Central Park
Welcome to the Genesis Medical Center Outpatient Occupational Therapy Department. We offer services at eight convenient locations throughout the Quad City Area. Our program includes individualized evaluations, customized interventions, and outcome evaluations to ensure your goals are met.
- Activities of Daily Living, Homemaking, and Life Skills Training
- Adaptive Equipment Training
- Applications of Physical Agent Modalities
- Aquatic Therapy
- Bioness H200 Neuromuscular Rehabilitation
- Constraint Induced Movement Therapy
- Ergonomic Assessment and Recommendations
- Fibromyalgia Program
- Hand Rehabilitation
- Learning Independence for Tomorrow (LIFT) - Brain Injury Day Program
- Lymphedema Management
- Manual Therapy
- Orthotic design, selection, fitting, fabrication and training
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic Taping Techniques
- Therapeutic Exercise and Activities
- Training in Energy Conservation, Joint Protection, and Work Simplification
- Vision Rehabilitation Program
- Work Conditioning
Common Therapy Conditions Treated by our Professional Staff
- Carpal Tunnel
- Chronic Pain
- Nerve or Tendon Injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Shoulder Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury
Genesis offers Outpatient Occupational Services at eight locations throughout the Quad City Area. Please allow one of our locations to service your Outpatient Occupational Therapy needs.
Thank you for choosing Genesis! We look forward to working with you!