Occupational Therapy - Inpatient
Welcome to Genesis Medical Center inpatient Occupational Therapy Department. We are a patient goal oriented department that focuses on self-cares, functional mobility, home management, energy conservation, perception, cognition and psychosocial functioning to maximize functional independence. In the hospital setting, this is often following injury, illness or surgery.
Special programs offered include:
- Expertise in the areas of stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neuromuscular, orthopedic and cardiopulmonary conditions
- Environmental control units
- Driving evaluations, clinical and behind the wheel
- Driver's training with adaptive equipment
- Bioness, electrical stimulation for upper extremity management
- Home evaluations and modifications
- Shoulder management
- Myofascial release
- Behavioral health: cognitive behavioral treatment
- Adaptive equipment for feeding, self-cares, etc.
- Visual perceptual evaluation and treatment
- Low vision
- Energy conservation/relaxation
- Community education: CarFit, Backpack awareness, etc
Our goal as Genesis Medical Center, Davenport Occupational Therapy is to provide our patients with the most innovative treatment options to maximize return of functional independence for self-cares, work or leisure as means of improving their quality of life.
Genesis Medical Center, West Campus
1401 West Central Park