Physical Therapy - Inpatient
Welcome to Genesis Inpatient Physical Therapy at Genesis Medical Center East and West campuses. Physical Therapy (PT) is frequently needed after injury, illness, or surgery, or because lifelong conditions limit movement.
Physical therapy helps patients regain strength, relearn how to walk, move better with less pain, maneuver wheelchairs more easily, and return to home and/or work as soon as possible. For all these patients, PT strives to improve their quality of life.
To respond to these needs, Genesis Medical Center, Davenport offers one of the largest, most comprehensive, and most skilled physical therapy programs in Iowa and Illinois.
Special features at GMC, Physical Therapy
- Friendly, professional, and supportive environment to hasten your rehabilitation.
- Large staff with the latest training in treatment techniques.
- On-site expertise providing rehabilitation in the following key areas:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Spasticity & Mobility Management
- Cardiac care
- Cancer care
- Lymphedema management
- Wound care
- Orthopedic care
- Other neuromuscular conditions
- Wheelchair and seating system assessment
- Balance / Walking Re-training featuring
- Bioness, SmartBalanceMaster and LiteGait
- Large gym with a variety of state of the art equipment and computerized testing devices.
- Excellent PT and PT Assistant clinical internship opportunities
Genesis Medical Center, East Campus
1227 E. Rusholme
Genesis Medical Center, West Campus
1401 W. Central Park
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday