Dr. John Malcolm Searles, Jr., M.D.
Dr. Searles is a board-certified plastic surgeon with training in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, including special qualifications in hand surgery. He has hospital privileges at a variety of Quad Cities area hospitals, where he can perform procedures for the convenience of his patients.
He attended The Hill School in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, and received his bachelor of arts degree from Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts. He returned to school at Colorado University to complete pre-med courses where he then completed medical school. He completed his internship and residency in general surgery at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia, and went on to receive additional specialized training in plastic and reconstructive surgery, completing a three year residency at Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, Virginia. He also completed a fellowship in head and neck surgery at Emory.
Past Experience and Appointments
- Medical Director, Wound Care, Vencor Hospital North, Indianapolis, IN
- Assistant Professor, Plastic Surgery, Indiana University Medical Center
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, Richard L. Roudebush Medical Center for Veterans Affairs, Indianapolis, IN
- Assistant Professor, Plastic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Acting Chief, Section of Plastic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Staff, Hyperbaric Oxygen Unit, University of Kansas Medical Center
Hobbies and Interests
Dr. Searles enjoys fly-fishing. Read a featured article on one of Dr. Searles' catches at Ascension Bay in Punta Allen, Mexico. In addition, he enjoys golf and tennis and spending time with his wife and two daughters.