Spiritual Care At Genesis Medical Center
The Genesis Mission is founded firmly in a tradition of comprehensive spiritual care. Through the partnership of staff chaplains, Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Interns and volunteers, care delivery reflects the unique cultures found on our five medical center campuses.
The Spiritual Care Department exists to witness to and serve the Divine Presence within each person.
Living out this mission, the Spiritual Care Department provides spiritual support and referral resources to our patients, families, and staff. We can provide support through:
- Patient and family support during your illness
- Faith congregation notification upon admission
- Grief counseling and support groups
- Sacramental ministry
- Prayer and ritual
- Advance Directive preparation
- Spiritual support to all faith traditions
- Spiritual Direction
- End of life decision making
- Genesis Healthy Living TV offers closed-circuit, on-demand viewing from all patient rooms, including spirituality-related programs.
Spiritual Support at Home
You are welcome to view our online Daily Reflections.
For More Information
Spiritual Care Department
Genesis Medical Center
1227 East Rusholme Street
Davenport, Iowa 52803
or, personal contact to:
Rev. Rebecca David, Director