Genesis Cancer Care Institute
Compassionate, Comprehensive Cancer Care Close to Home
There for Every Moment--No Matter What
Leading-Edge Technology at Genesis Cancer Care Institute
Why choose Genesis for cancer care?
The Genesis Cancer Care Institute helps patients beat cancer by using the next generation of cancer-fighting technology, combined with a focus on resources and support for the patient and family.
- Medical Oncologists from the Genesis Cancer Center in Davenport and Silvis are focused on maximizing your treatment success while minimizing the impact that cancer can have on your life
- The Genesis Cancer Care Institute offers leading-edge technology with the only TomoTherapy Hi-Art radiation therapy system in eastern Iowa and the first Varian Trilogy image-guided radiation therapy system in Iowa
- Innovative Treatments: Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) uses high doses of radiation to precisely target the tumor - reducing the amount of sessions patients need
- Treatment that follows the National Comprehensive Cancer Network clinical practice guidelines, the same guidelines used at leading cancer centers around the country. This means you can stay here in the Quad Cities for your care.
- Only Commission on Cancer® accredited program in the Quad Cities
- The newly-renovated Inpatient Oncology Unit located at Genesis Medical Center, East Rusholme Street offers private rooms and care delivered by nurses who are certified in oncology and/or chemotherapy
- Our Cancer Navigators offer individualized assistance to patients, helping them navigate the health system and their treatment plan
- Participate in Clinical Trials that provide access to potentially effective treatments not available elsewhere, and contribute to cancer research
- Genetic Counseling & Testing
In This Cancer Fight Together
Cancers We Treat
The Genesis Cancer Institute is Quad Cities' source for treating all types of cancers, including, but not limited to:
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Cancer & the COVID-19 Vaccination
Currently, there is very limited information regarding the COVID-19 vaccination and people with cancer. Our oncologists recommend reviewing the following resources for the latest updates and recommendations: