Aquatic Therapy with HydroWorx
Eliminating up to 80 percent of body weight
By taking advantage of the body’s buoyancy in water, a HydroWorx pool will eliminate up to 80 percent of an individual’s body weight. This, in conjunction with therapeutic warm water, allows for substantially decreased joint compression and pain.
What Makes Aquatic Therapy Unique
Using a HydroWorx pool can lead to immediate early range-of-motion gains during rehabilitation. Gait training in a low-impact environment allows for earlier normal walking patterns as the buoyancy of the water helps to decrease the stress on the joints, decreasing pain and allowing for more mobility after injury or surgery.
Hydrostatic pressure promotes the healing and strengthening of injured tissue by reducing joint stiffness, decreasing swelling, and lowering blood pressure levels.
HydroWorx 300 Sport at Silvis
- Quickly adds or removes water to attain pool depths ranging from 1” to 50” with the touch of a button. Easily changes water depth to challenge athletes or safely progress patients from water to land activities.
- Treadmill speeds increase smoothly from 0.1 to 10 mph in safe .1 mph increments useful for gait training and sport specific activities.
- Mounted iPad and camera provide the user and therapist with immediate feedback for real-time gait corrections.
- A resistance jet assists with water therapy, rehabilitation, sports performance training, or deep tissue massage.
HydroWorx 500i at Genesis Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine
- Various water depths allow therapists to treat patients at different stages of weight-bearing status.
- Treadmill speeds increase smoothly from 0 to 7.5 mph in safe .2 mph increments.
- Two underwater cameras and flatscreen viewing monitors enhance your therapist’s diagnostic capacity to evaluate underwater gait patterns.
- A resistance jet assists with water therapy, rehabilitation, sports performance training, swimming or deep tissue massage.
Not Just for Rehab
Utilizing the underwater treadmill has benefits for training for all athletes, as well as for weight loss. Utilizing the resistance of the water can help promote increased cardiovascular stamina, muscle toning, and flexibility which carry over to land-based exercise.
The HydroWorx 300 Sport model at the Silvis Campus has the fastest underwater treadmill in the Quad Cities area, perfect for improving your training capability.
HydroWorx therapy pools are also utilized by professional and collegiate teams across the country, including the Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Penguins, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Notre Dame, Appalachian State, and the Philadelphia Phillies.