Time to Be Grateful
This time of year is already hectic and with so much going on in our world with the pandemic and civil unrest, we believe more than ever, it is so important to slowdown and find a moment to take a deep breath and reflect.
Therefore, we are declaring November Gratitude Pumpkin Month across Genesis to focus on what we have and are grateful for.
Each department will receive a pumpkin, and we ask that you take some time in your department at huddle or an agreed upon time daily to get together and share gratitude to spark happiness, thoughtfulness, care, empathy and compassion across the system.
How it works:
- Take turns in sharing and writing your gratitude on your pumpkin.
- Display it in your department. Decorate around it and make it a centerpiece for all to see and revel in the good that is going on all around us.
- Start at the top of the pumpkin and with a sharpie write, "We are grateful for..." or "We are thankful for..."
- Every day, add a few things you are grateful for that you want to capture, writing in a spiral around the pumpkin.
- There are super important things we are grateful for, like our co-workers, family, or fur-babies. No items are ever too silly, such as your pumpkin spice lattes, TikTok videos, Tiger King or movie nights with friends or family.
- By the end of November, the whole pumpkin will be filled up with everything you are thankful for.
- Please upload pictures of your "gratitude pumpkins" and gratitude huddles and fun practices to… (need to create url) for us to share on social media and across Genesis.
Show us you gourd-geous pumpkins here!