Home Health Care
The Visiting Nurse Association provides a range of home health care services to patients of all ages – from infants to the elderly. With services in both Iowa and Illinois, we work with patients, families, physicians, and other community agencies to provide the care you need in your home.
Advantages of Home Care
Provided in the comfort of your own home
Helps you to maintain involvement with family and friends
Promotes personal dignity and control
Provides support and assistance for those caring for a loved one at home
Our Team of Caregivers
We regularly provide specialized care including:
- Care after a hospital stay
- IV infusion therapy
- Wound Care
- Tube feedings and total nutrition
This can be managed by our Genesis FirstMed Pharmacy.
Call us at 563-421-4663 or 866-862-2862, or visit www.genesishealth.com/vna for more information about Home Health Care and Visiting Nurse Association.
Research shows that patients who refuse services at home after hospitalization are twice as likely to be readmitted.
Common reasons for a home health referral may include:
- Two or more recent hospitalizations or emergency room visits
- New medications prescribed
- New diagnosis of diabetes
- New wounds
- Wound therapy education for caregiver
Considerations for a one-time VNA home visit may include:
- 65+ and lives alone
- Benefit from home assessment for safety
- Experiencing frequent falls
- High risk for readmission
- Education and organization of medications at home
What are the Medicare requirements for home health care services?
For a patient to qualify for Medicare-provided home health services, Medicare requires that a patient is “homebound” and has a “skilled need.”