Genesis Hospice care exists to provide support and comfort to patients and their families when a cure is no longer possible.
Communities We Serve
Genesis Hospice serves 11 counties in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois, including services at Genesis Medical Center, Aledo. We provide hospice services in private residences, in local health care facilities, as well as at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House, the only residential hospice center in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois.
Genesis offers specialized care for people at the end of life and support for their families that:
- Treats the physical, emotional, and spiritual (holistic) needs
- Concentrates on making patients comfortable and free of pain.
- Emphasizes that the quality of life is as important as the length of life.
Eligible for Hospice Care?
Available to anyone with an advanced illness, a limited time to live, along with a physician’s consent to provide medical direction on their behalf.
Why Choose Genesis Hospice Care
- We admit patients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- We are the only hospice with scheduled RNs covering shifts 24 hours a day.
- We are the only hospice in the Quad City area with a full-time Medical Director and Nurse Practitioner: Medical Director Ann O’Donnell, D.O. and Nurse Practitioner Tamra Mohs, ARNP.
- We provide individualized, customized care for every patient.
- We will accept and fill medication orders for our patients on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- We are affiliated with the Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House located in Bettendorf.
- We offer the most extensive grief support program associated with a hospice, providing up to 13 months of free support.
Hospice Care Team
Our Hospice care team works together to provide coordinated compassionate care to our patients and their families.
- Develop clinical care plan
- Medication review
- Assist with symptom control
- Recommendations for pain management
- Personal care
- Extra added attention
- Supportive listening
- Life review
- Educational materials/programs
- Meeting special needs of all family members
RN Case Manager
- Clinical expertise in hospice care
- Establish pain management and symptom control
- Initiate comfort measures
- Educational support
- Medical equipment
- Active listening
- Assistance with insurance issues
- Help with Advanced Directives/POLST/IPOST and other legal documents
- Help children/family cope with fears, grief, problems
- Identify community resources when needed
- Provide spiritual support
- Read spiritual materials
- Pray with you
- Work with family clergy
- Contact spiritual leader for support
- Life review/journaling
- Assistance with funeral ceremony planning
- Assist with ethical will/ legacy
- Meditation/guided imagery
- Prayer shawl
- Inspirational music
- Music personal preferences
- Comfort Touch™
- Veteran Recognition Program
- My story
- Brief respite care
- Help with shopping or errands
- Writing letters or cards
Call us at 563-421-5400 or 1-800-5-CARING, or visit www.genesishealth.com/hospice for more information about Hospice Care.
To make a referral to Genesis Hospice, please call 563-421-4663.