Comprehensive Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation Programs
The Genesis Rehabilitation Unit provides intensive therapy services for individuals with the following debilitating illness or injuries:
Patients with other diagnosis will be considered upon review of medical rehabilitation criteria.
The following criteria for the Rehabilitation Unit at Genesis Medical Center, Davenport must be met at the time of admission consideration:
- Require at least 2 forms of therapy (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology or prosthetics) and one must be Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy
- Ability to participate in 15 hours of therapy over 7 consecutive days beginning day of admission. This generally consists of 3 hours per day at least 5 days per week.
- Patient's condition and functional status demonstrate the patient can be expected to make measurable improvement.
- Requires physician supervision and 24-hour rehab nursing
- Requires an interdisciplinary approach
- A preliminary discharge plan is identified prior to admission
Nathan Kilburg Recovery Story