Choose Genesis Medical Center, Silvis for a personalized, family-focused birth experience in a home-like environment.
Advanced Birthing Services
Deliver your baby at the Silvis BirthCenter for an experience tailored as much as possible to your wishes and birth plan. Our highly skilled doctors and nurses are dedicated to keeping you and your baby healthy and comfortable.
A Focus on Family Involvement
The Silvis BirthCenter was the first in the Quad Cities and the state of Illinois and continues to be the only Quad Cities birth center to offer all LDRP rooms, where you labor, deliver your baby, recover and receive postpartum care in the same room. This popular single-suite experience means a smoother transition for you and your family throughout all stages of the birth process. Each birthing suite has a whirlpool tub, and some even have skylights.
Advanced, Special Care Nursery
Find comfort in knowing your baby has fast access—in the unlikely event he or she needs it—to a Level II Special Care Nursery, which can care for premature and moderately sick babies.
Collaboration with OSF Peoria
If your baby needs a higher level of neonatal intensive care, the Silvis BirthCenter works in close collaboration with OSF Healthcare Children's Hospital of Illinois in Peoria, ranked in the nation's Top 50 for neonatology care.
Dedication to Quality
High-quality care is a hallmark of Genesis Medical Center, Silvis, and this extends to our BirthCenter, which is the recipient of the top quality award from the Illinois Perinatal Quality Collaborative. We're committed to improving the quality of care for moms and babies.
At the Silvis BirthCenter, you'll find:
- Mother-baby nurses – Cross-trained nurses who provide care for both you and your newborn
- Whirlpool tubs and showers – For hydrotherapy during labor
- Lactation counselors – Provide breastfeeding education and support
- New-parent education
- Latest fetal-monitoring technology – Facilitates safe, comforting birth for you and your loved ones
- Flexible visiting hours
- Hearing screening – Test performed after birth by a nurse to assess your baby's hearing
- Social worker – Provides access to community-resource programs and services, if needed