Your breast health journey starts with us.
One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in her lifetime. From annual mammograms, to genetic testing, to diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer, your breast health journey can take many different paths. Our team at the Kenneth H. McKay, M.D. Center for Breast Health will guide you, offering comprehensive care, in one location, close to home.
Watch Us In Action
What We Offer
Breast Health...This is our only focus.
On your journey at the Kenneth H. McKay, M.D. Center for Breast Health, you’ll find:
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Center of Excellence – ACR Center of Excellence designation is the gold standard when it comes to ensuring patients receive quality radiological care and diagnostic treatment. The ACR accreditation program is the most widely-established and well-proven method to confirm that imaging facilities are adhering to the highest-possible industry standards.
- Fellowship Trained Breast Radiologist – Christine Walsh, M.D., who is the lead radiologist for the Center of Breast Health, completed a fellowship in breast imaging at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics. This additional training has given Dr. Walsh expertise in all aspects of breast imaging and interventions used to decrease breast cancer mortality.
- Genetic Testing – The only facility in the Quad-Cities area with a provider specializing in genetic counseling and testing. Genetic testing is used to identify if you’re at increased risk for breast cancer because of family history.
- Multiple Diagnostic Methods in One Location – We offer 3-D mammography – the most advanced breast imaging tool – along with ultrasound and stereotactic and core biopsy, in addition to surgical consultation, all in one location. These latest imaging and screening procedures enable our physicians to detect, accurately diagnosis and treat breast cancer in its earliest stages.
- Nurse Navigator – Your breast health journey is guided by our Nurse Navigator, who is your personal patient advocate. She’s there to ease your stress and uncertainty by offering additional explanation of imaging and pathology reports, discuss your medical options and speed the process to treatment. She listens and cares, letting you know you’re not alone on your journey.
- Five Board-Certified Surgeons – Each of our surgeons, who provide services including biopsy, lymph nodes, lumpectomy and mastectomy, is a Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS). That means their education and training, professional qualifications, surgical competence, and ethical conduct pass rigorous evaluation and meet the high standards demanded by the College.
- Seamless Transition to Genesis Cancer Center – If your breast health journey involves a diagnosis of breast cancer, and the need for infusion and/or radiation therapy, your care can be seamlessly transitioned to the Genesis Cancer Care Institute. There, our medical oncologists will work in collaboration with your Center for Breast Health team to develop the treatment plan best for you.
Center for Breast Health