Illini Restorative Care
At Illini Restorative Care (IRC), we make an important difference to every resident. The result is a lifestyle enhanced by activities, services, amenities and programs that promote health, wellness and vitality.
And as the only senior living community in the Quad Cities connected to a hospital, physician offices, imaging, and pharmacy services, there’s never a need to consider the “next move.” At Illini Restorative Care, our residents settle into a worry-free environment that is responsive to their individual needs.
Levels of care
Services and Features
Illini Restorative Care offers a wide array of services that emphasizes each resident’s level of independence and sense of personal fulfillment and well-being.
All levels of care offer comfortable accommodations in both semi-private and private rooms. The rooms feature designer touches and a home-like feeling, yet support a safe, secure environment for residents.
Assistance with dressing, bathing, eating, ambulating and other types of personal care is provided or available as needed in all areas.
Medication Administration and Nursing Care
Medication Administration and a wide range of services are provided for residents at at all levels of care. Quality nursing care and optimal levels of progressive rehabilitation services are provided, including general rehabilitation and restorative service, such as exercise, ambulating, bowel and bladder training.Licensed nurses, in addition to certified nursing assistants, are available 24 hours a day. Supplies such as dressings, shampoo and lotion, body wash, and tissues are provided at no additional charge.
A full range of social, recreational, spiritual and educational activities are available for residents. IRC also has a van equipped with a hydraulic lift to accommodate wheelchairs during outings.
A licensed social worker is on staff to assist residents and their family with discharge planning and to ensure a successful adjustment to your new residence.
Residents’ clothing is laundered at IRC and included in the daily rate.
Cable TV and telephone are included at no extra charge.
NEW! Accelerated Rehab
A comprehensive approach to short-stay skilled nursing and rehab services to get you home sooner.
- High quality skilled nursing care
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies in a newly expanded rehab gym
- Better outcomes to help you heal faster, with less chance of re-admission to the hospital
Your Care Team
The team at IRC includes:
- the resident and their family
- physical, occupational and speech therapists
- registered and licensed nurses
- registered dieticians
- medical social workers
- activities staff
- spiritual services
- certified nursing assistants
A comprehensive team of Genesis therapists works together to help each patient achieve the best recovery.
Physical Therapy: Physical therapy will address mobility training, use of appropriate assistive devices, stair negotiation, strengthening exercises, balance and endurance training, plus education on safety awareness.
Occupational Therapy: Occupational Therapy focuses on activities of daily living. This includes dressing, bathing, grooming and safety training. Occupational therapy also focuses on home management skills and upper extremity strengthening tasks. The therapist can also recommend adaptive equipment.
Speech Therapy: Speech Therapy addresses impairments in swallowing, speech, language, voice and cognition. The speech language pathologist works in collaboration with physical and occupational therapists to provide a patient-centered treatment plan and promote safety and independence.
Our team will work with you and your family to plan and organize your discharge goals and make sure you have the services needed after you go home. During your stay, we provide the following services:
- Nursing: Skilled nursing care is available 24/7 to provide pain management, medication management, wound care, enteral and parenteral therapy, intravenous therapy, postsurgical care and communication with the doctor and family.
- Dietary: A nutritionist will meet with each patient to obtain food preferences and identify nutritional needs.
- Activities: Our activities staff will provide an array of daily activities and offer beauty/barber shop appointments for those interested.
- Discharge Planning: Our social worker works closely with residents and families to ensure a smooth transition to your home, assist in planning for home medical equipment, home health, transportation and other services.
- Rehabilitation patients dine out of their rooms to support the rehabilitation process.
- Residents should have personal clothing and comfortable shoes to enable them to fully participate in therapy.
- All clothing items need to be labeled with the patient’s name. Clothes laundering is provided.
- Any routine doctor appointments should be postponed until after discharge.
- Family Care Plan meetings are scheduled as needed to discuss progress toward goals and discharge plans.
- Each room is furnished with cable TV, remote control and telephone.
Mementos and memories are both cherished and incorporated into our residents’ daily lives, as are opportunities to build new relationships and enjoy new experiences. The involvement of a resident’s family is of extreme importance. Visits are welcomed and encouraged in the resident’s room, one of our cozy lounges, spacious common areas or landscaped outdoor courtyards.
It’s important that residents and their families feel comfortable and confident in their decision to choose IRC. Our admissions team and other staff provide you with information and support throughout the transition.