Benefits: In This Together...With You
As the third largest employer in the Quad Cities region we retain colleagues who are fully engaged and committed to our mission, vision, and values. In return for your dedication we provide the tools for you to achieve the lifestyle you want to lead.
We recognize that each employee is unique with their own set of personal needs and goals. When you join with Genesis, you will have a portfolio of benefits to choose from that continues to grow year after year. Explore some of our current offerings:
Health & Wellness
- Genesis Wellness Program - An employee-focused wellness program with initiatives that help take care of …you. We guide, educate, nurture, engage, support, and inspire by offering comprehensive resources related to health, financial management, personal growth, and fitness.
Tip: Walk, bike, or hike one of the many trails or in the parks of the Quad Cities, it may also be an option for your work commute. Explore the outdoors using QC Trails https://www.qctrails.org/
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Genesis recognizes that employees may face a wide range of personal issues. Genesis EAP offers confidential, short-term counseling and when necessary, referrals.
- Medical - Genesis Health System offers four comprehensive self-insured health plans, including two HMO and two PPO plans.
- Pharmacy - Our medical plans include prescription benefit coverage. You can pick up your prescriptions at any of our hospital pharmacies.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - We offer two types of spending accounts: medical care and dependent care. Both allow you to pay certain expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- HSA - Savings Accounts-We offer HSA savings accounts that allow you to pay certain expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Short-Term Disability - We offer a short- term disability plan that would provide employees with compensation in the event of a short-term illness or injury.
- Long-Term Disability - We provide a long-term disability plan that provides benefit eligible employees with compensation in the event of an extended illness or injury.
- Additional Voluntary Benefits - Genesis Health System offers a variety of different voluntary plans, including Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Accident.
- Paid Time Off - Genesis Health System provides a paid time off benefit for employees to balance work and family life.
- Retirement Plans - We offer a retirement savings plan option for all employees.
- Life Insurance - Genesis Health System provides life insurance to benefit eligible employees.
- Additional Life Insurance - Employees have the option to add additional coverage for themselves or their eligible dependents.
- Tuition Reimbursement - For approved academic programs, and the amount increases with your service longevity at Genesis.
- Student Loan Forgiveness Opportunity - Your service at Genesis qualifies for the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). Additional criteria must be met. For more information, visit https://studentaid.gov/.
- Cafeteria and Café Employee Discount
- More Discounts - Genesis Health System employees are provided discounts to many area establishments; ticket purchases for local event and tuition discounts through educational partnerships. Some discounts include cell phone service, oil changes, computer repair and childcare.
Professional Development & Resources
- Choose Your Development Path - Whether you are in a clinical, non-clinical, or professional position, training is offered in-house and /or in partnership with the community. You can also job shadow, pursue higher education, and participate in culture initiatives that will advance your career at Genesis.
- Professional Programs - Administrative Fellowship, Residency Program, Preceptor Program, Nursing Professional Development Program
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarships - Utilizing these financial benefits is a way to continue building your craft while keeping your costs to a minimum. Healthcare careers are in high demand with many scholarship opportunities within Genesis and the State of Iowa.
- Continuing Education – Genesis is a direct provider of CEUs for a variety of professional roles to maintain licensure.
- Medical Library – Genesis medical libraries have access to medical research tools and a dedicated librarian to assist medical professionals, students, and healthcare consumers in attaining relevant information.
- Employee Recognition Programs – We love to encourage and acknowledge one another for a job well-done. Service is recognized through the Daisy Award for nursing excellence, Safety Hero Award and Years of Service Celebrations.