This program is designed Basic Life Support Instructors.
Intended Audience: BLS Instructors
- Review the new 2020 American Heart Association guidelines.
- Demonstrate skills in the resuscitation of an adult victim of a respiratory and cardiac arrest in one rescuer and two rescuer situations.
- Demonstrate skills in the resuscitation of a respiratory and cardiac arrest in an infant and child.
- Demonstrate skills in the treatment of both a conscious and unconscious victim with an obstructed airway (adult, child and infant rescuers).
- Discuss the required knowledge, syllabus, skills, attitude and responsibilities of an instructor to facilitate adult learning.
- Discuss AHA course record requirements & Training Center affiliation.
- Discuss infection control practice.
- Demonstrate skills needed to assist in administration of EPI-pen, applying bandages for hemorrhage control, and doffing and donning PPE (gloves).
During Class Students must:
1. Successfully demonstrate all provider skills.
2. Successfully complete the provider written examination.
3. Successfully complete the instructor written examination.
4. Successfully evaluate other students during class.