This comprehensive series of classes will cover all aspects of labor and birth. The class will meet once a week for three hours beginning on the date listed. Class size averages 10-12 mothers and their support person.
Plan on finishing the series between your 34th-36th week if pregnant with 1 baby. Plan on finishing the series between your 32nd-34th week if pregnant with twins.
Childbirth preparation classes prepare you and your birth partner for the birthing experience. Topics discussed during the classes include:
- How your body works and how you work with your body
- Physical and emotional changes during labor and birth
- Comfort management using medications
- Non-drug pain control management
- Support person's role in labor
- Unexpected events, cesarean section
- Questions to ask your care provider
- BirthCenter tour included
**It is highly recommend to take the Baby Basics class before the Childbirth Preparation class as these two courses compliment one another.
It is important to attend all dates listed for this series of classes and the cost does include your birth partner. This class includes a tour of the Birth Center.
If for some reason you are unable to attend, reimbursement will be given only if notification occurs 48 hours prior to the beginning of class by calling 563-421-7794.
Please note this is a 3 week series because there is no class on 9/6 (Labor Day weekend). This series will contain all of the same information as a 4 week series, including a tour of the Birth Center.