This program is designed for providers wanting to teach Basic Life Support and Heartsaver courses using the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines.
Intended Audience: Students wanting to teach CPR, AED, and First Aid to others.
- Review the new 2020 American Heart Association guidelines.
- Demonstrate skills in the resuscitation of an adult victim of a respiratory and cardiac arrest in one rescuer and two rescuer situations.
- Demonstrate skills in the resuscitation of a respiratory and cardiac arrest in an infant and child.
- Demonstrate skills in the treatment of both a conscious and unconscious victim with an obstructed airway (adult, child and infant rescuers).
- Discuss the required knowledge, syllabus, skills, attitude and responsibilities of an instructor to facilitate adult learning.
- Discuss AHA course record requirements & Training Center affiliation.
- Discuss infection control practice.
- Demonstrate skills needed to assist in administration of EPI-pen, applying bandages for hemorrhage control, and doffing and donning PPE (gloves).
You will receive an email from elearning.heart.org within 48 hours of registration acceptance. This will be the online Basic Life Support Instructor Essentials.
This online course MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO INSTRUCTOR COURSE.
BLS Instructor Manual will be mailed to the address used for registration; it will help you take the exam at the end of the Online Essentials Course.