Have you recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis? Join us for a 4-week workshop meeting March 24, March 31, April 7 and April 14 from 6-7 p.m. at Genesis Physical Therapy @ Genesis HealthPlex, Davenport and learn exercises and strategies that optimize bone health and minimize stress to the spine. The cost for this workshop is $100.
What You'll Learn in Class
- The role of sitting posture on the spine
- Better body alignment
- Exercises to help relieve back pain, promote spinal alignment, and strengthen key muscles
- Nutrition for the bones
- Balance Training to decrease potential fall risk
- Safely completing activities of daily living and leisure activities with proper body mechanics
Is This Workshop for You?
If you can say "yes" to any of the following questions, you should consider joining us:
- Have you been diagnosed with osteoporosis or osteopenia?
- Have you lost height in the last year or so?
- Has your posture become more stooped?
- Are you unsure what ‘safe’ activities are for your bones?
To register or learn more about the workshop, call Genesis Physical Therapy @ Genesis HealthPlex, Davenport at 563-421-0300.