Class will cover:
- Identify signs of asphyxia and determine, prior to delivery, infants who may need resuscitation at birth.
- Successfully perform the initial steps of resuscitation on an infant mannequin.
- Select and appropriately use a self-inflating bag-and-mask and anesthesia bag-and-mask.
- Demonstrate proper use of an orogastric catheter during bag-and-mask ventilation.
- Integrate external cardiac compression with positive-pressure ventilation in a simulated neonatal resuscitation.
- Assist and perform neonatal intubation using an infant intubation mannequin.
- Identify the indications, appropriate concentration, dosage and infusion sites for the first line resuscitation medications.
Please note: Completion of pre-test is required prior to start of class.