Stepping On Fall Prevention Program
Building confidence, reducing falls
Stepping On is a program that has been researched and proven to reduce falls in older people consisting of a workshop that meets for two hours a week for seven weeks.
Is this workshop for you?
Stepping On is designed specifically for anyone who:
- Is 65 or older
- Has fallen in the past year
- Is fearful of falling
- Lives at home
- Does not have dementia
- Simple yet fun balance and strength training
- The relationship between your vision and your balance
- How medications can contribute to falls
- Ways to keep from falling when out in your community
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to check your home for fall hazards and how to decrease those hazards
You'll get education from a:
- Physical therapist
- Safety expert
How much does it cost?
$70 for the full seven week program collected at the first class