Nathan M. Fierce, DO
Call for an Appointment
Caring for patients and helping them to improve their quality of life is most important in the field of surgery. I feel passionate about what I do and travel yearly to countries such as Nicaragua and Guatemala for surgical mission trips. These longs days of surgery give relief to so many without medical care.
I believe the patient comes first and always try to advise what is best for the patient's overall health and quality of life.
- Year began practicing:
- Year joined staff:
Areas Of Interest
- Thoracic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Pediatric patients
- Colorectal surgery
- Complex hernia repair.
Outside of the medical profession, I enjoy time with family, traveling, triathlon training, and flying small planes.
Education & Training
- Augustana College, Bachelors Degree
- DesMoines University College of Medicine and Surgery, Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery
- Henry Ford, Detroit, MI, General Surgery Residency
- Penn State Universtiy, Hershey, PA, Preliminary Surgery Internship
- Affinity Medical Center, Massillon, OH, Osteopathic Internship
Awards & Certifications
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons - Board Certified in General Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- American College of Surgery
- Iowa Medical Society
- Illinois Medical Society
- American College of Osteopathic Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgery