Jill Hipskind, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS, CMT
Call for an Appointment
Everyone has a potential for greatness; it's just a matter of helping him/her find and follow one of the paths to get there.
I strive to help patients reach their functional goals and return to the activities they love. Listening to patients is the most important part of my job. When I take time to listen to patients, they often tell me what is "wrong" with them and how to fix it.
I work with each patient to develop meaningful, realistic goals and use a one-on-one, individualized treatment plan to reach these goals. I utilize manual therapy techniques and exercise-based interventions to improve movement patterns, function, and indirectly improve pain.
With each patient, I aim to educate the patient about four things:
- what I think is causing their symptoms
- what the patient can do to improve their symptoms
- what I am going to do to improve their symptoms
- how long it will take to improve their symptoms
When a patient understands these four things, the fear and anxiety associated with their symptoms naturally improves. I also try to empower my patients by teaching them techniques and exercises they can use to self-manage their condition/symptoms long-term.
Sunday : Closed
Monday : 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday : 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday : 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday : 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday : 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday : Closed
- Year began practicing:
- Year joined staff:
- Dry Needling
- Outpatient Physical Therapy
Areas Of Interest
My areas of interest include general orthopedic conditions, post-surgical rehabilitation, vestibular rehabilitation to treat dizziness and concussion, chronic pain, and spine (low back and neck) pain.
I grew up in Miles, IA and now live in the North Scott area with my husband, daughter, and rescue dog. In addition to spending time with my family and traveling, I enjoy staying active through running and playing volleyball. I also work as a lab assistant with the orthopedic coursework within the entry-level physical therapy program and help tech continuing education coursework through St. Ambrose University.
Education & Training
- St. Ambrose University, BS in Exercise Science and Psychology
- St. Ambrose University, Doctorate of Physical Therapy
- St. Ambrose University, Orthopedic Residency
Awards & Certifications
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Certified Manual Therapist
- IA Board Certified Physical Therapy License