- Mercer County home to a few private hospitals
- Stites Hospital opens (privately owned)
- Stites Hospital closes
- Special County Board meeting called to discuss need for a hospital in the county
- Mercer County voters approve a hospital maintenance tax
- County Board calls a special election to approve a hospital constitution bond.
- Aledo City Council volunteers to sell the city North Park for a new hospital site.
- Mercer County approves the building of a $1 million facility using Hill-Burton funds.
- Ground-breaking for the new hospital
- Open House of new facility
- First patient admitted to new facility
- Genesis Medical Center, Aledo Women's Auxiliary formed
- Hospital remodeled to increase bed capacity from 57 to 66
- Physical Therapy added to services
- Inhalation Therapy added to services
- Construction begins on a new 53-bed hospital
- Specialty services added:
- Healthcare climate changes to outpatient care
- Addition of DRG and CMS
- Swing bed program added
- Home Health Care services added
- Extended Care services added
- In-house emergency room physician added for weekend coverage
- MCH begins management for Mercer County Health Department
- Mercer Foundation for Health established
- Join with Trinity Health and OSF St. Francis for Teleradiology network
- Medical Office building constructed
- Medical Associates Clinic relocates
- Mercer County Health Department relocates
- Outpatient Clinics established:
- Critical Access process begins
- Data Processing for Y2K updated
- In-house 24-hour emergency room physician coverage begins
- Hospital receives CAH designation
- Ophthalmology outpatient clinic established
- Mercer County Board of Supervisors instituted (independent hospital governing board).
- Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network formed
- Nuclear Medicine added
- Telepsychiatry added
- Psychiatry outpatient clinic formed
- Dr. Dennis Palmer receives the Illinois Hospital Association Rural Physician of Excellence Award
- Dr. Palmer celebrates 30 years of service to the community
- Fall Prevention Clinic added
- Memory Clinic added
- Women's Health Clinic added
- Diabetes Program receives certification and national recognition (NDPR).
- $10.5 million major hospital renovation plan approved by hospital governing board and county board.
- Chairman of the Governing Board, Mr. Don Johnson, receives the 2007 Illinois Hospital Association Distinguished Service Award.
- Dr. Prasop Rattananont receives the 2008 Rural Physician of Excellence Award on September 16th in Springfield.
- Dr. Julio Santiago receives the Top Family Doctors Award by the Consumer's Research Council of America.
- Genesis Medical Center, Aledo signs management contract with Genesis Health System.
- Mercer County Board approves affiliation between Mercer County Hospital and Genesis Health System.
- Genesis Medical Center, Aledo opens Sleep Center.
- Physical Therapy adds Sports Medicine component for local high school athletes.
- Genesis Health System and Genesis Medical Center, Aledo work together to offer Occupational Health program to local business and employers.
MyGenesis is a free and simple way to take control of your health care online.
- View your health records
- Manage your appointments
- Message your provider
- Pre-register for your hospital stay
Sign up today!