Center for Breast Health, Silvis
In a coordinated effort offering the latest diagnostic technology and treatment in the Quad Cities, Center for Breast Health, Silvis offers all diagnostic procedures and breast health specialists. Our team approach offers combined resources of primary care physicians, radiologists, pathologists, surgeons, oncologists, psychologists, nurses, technologists and other support staff.
Center for Breast Health, Silvis utilizes state-of-the-art imaging equipment and techniques to detect early signs of breast cancer in women with no complaints or symptoms. These breast images are the best way for our physicians to detect and treat breast cancer in its earliest stages.
Center for Breast Health, Silvis is the first Genesis location in Illinois to offer Breast MRI.
Breast Health...This is our only focus.
On your journey at the Genesis Center for Breast Health, you’ll find:
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Center of Excellence – ACR Center of Excellence designation is the gold standard when it comes to ensuring patients receive quality radiological care and diagnostic treatment. The ACR accreditation program is the most widely-established and well-proven method to confirm that imaging facilities are adhering to the highest-possible industry standards.
- Fellowship Trained Breast Radiologist – Christine Walsh, M.D., who is the lead radiologist for the Center of Breast Health, completed a fellowship in breast imaging at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics. This additional training has given Dr. Walsh expertise in all aspects of breast imaging and interventions used to decrease breast cancer mortality.
- Multiple Diagnostic Methods at Each Location – Our breast health centers provide the most advanced breast imaging tools available. We offer 3D mammography, breast ultrasound, and breast MRI. In addition, we perform ultrasound guided, stereotactic, and MRI guided breast biopsies. Surgical consultation is available; all in the same location. These latest imaging and screening procedures enable our physicians to diagnose and treat cancer as early as possible for the best possible outcomes.
- Nurse Navigator – Your breast health journey is guided by our Nurse Navigator, who is your personal patient advocate. She’s there to ease your stress and uncertainty by offering additional explanation of imaging and pathology reports, discuss your medical options and speed the process to treatment. She listens and cares, letting you know you’re not alone on your journey.
- Board-Certified Surgeon – Our surgeon is a member of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Breast Surgeons. She provides the most up-to-date surgical care for breast disease and breast cancer, including wire-free biopsy and lumpectomy with oncoloplastic techniques for improved cosmesis, sentinel lymph node biopsy, and mastectomy, including skin and nipple sparing techniques for those desiring reconstruction. In addition, she provides non-surgical management of benign breast disease and surveillance of those at increased risk of breast cancer.
- Seamless Transition to Genesis Cancer Center – If your breast health journey involves a diagnosis of breast cancer, and the need for infusion and/or radiation therapy, your care can be seamlessly transitioned to the Genesis Cancer Care Institute. There, our medical oncologists will work in collaboration with your Center for Breast Health team to develop the treatment plan best for you.
Nicole | A Center for Breast Health Silvis Success Story
Photos | Center for Breast Health, Silvis